Archaeological Data Management Systems
We will work with you to:
- Analyze your existing data in both electronic and paper formats
- Examine your program to determine data management requirements in the future
- Determine a data structure that is capable of absorbing the available information both existing
and anticipated which will be:
- Convertible (i.e.. non-proprietary)
- Develop a program for the conversion of your existing data and either train your people to
carry out this program (the preferred option) or do it for you.
- Develop a data acquisition strategy for future campaigns, prepare manuals for its use.
- Design and build software and tools to facilitate and structure your data gathering and train
your staff to use them.
- We can even spend a season with you in the field tuning the system and providing equipment
and on site training for both scholars and students.
If all this sounds expensive, maybe it is, but it will be cheaper than having data which is difficult
to access or hidden away in some proprietary format which locks you into a long-term upgrade
path. A well structured data set will pay for itself many times over when making reports,
preparing publications, planning new campaigns or applying for grants and we can, in a few
months, insure that you have such a resource and know how to use it. Besides we have bargain
prices for projects that sound like fun.
Some additional reading available on this site that might help explain the points above include:
The next step would be to get in touch with email@example.com to discuss the options.
Last change: February 3, 1998 (Steve Nickerson) firstname.lastname@example.org