||Antonio Almagro Gorbea
Antonio Almagro Gorbea
- Born on 13 June 1948, in Barcelona (Spain).
- Architect in 1971, from the School of Architecture of Madrid.
- PhD in Architecture, 1978.
- Diploma on Restoration of Monuments from the Facoltà di Architettura dell'Università degli Studi di Roma “La Sapienza” (Rome, Italy) and the International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property [ICCROM] 1973-1975.
- Architect with the Department of Monuments at the Dirección General de Bellas Artes, Ministry of Culture of Spain, from 1975 to 1987.
- Professor of History of Architecture at the School of Architecture of Madrid, from 1980-81.
- Honorary Professor of the Department of Architectural Graphic Representation, at the School of Architecture of Seville from 1987.
- Research Professor at the Escuela de Estudios Arabes of Granada, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas - CSIC, (School of Arabic Studies, Spanish Council for Scientific Research) from 1987.
- Director of the Escuela de Estudios Arabes, CSIC from 1998.
- Associate Professor in Building Survey at the School of Architecture of Granada from 1997.
- Corresponding member of the Deutches Archäeologisches Institut.
- Director of the Spanish Archaeological Mission working at the Umayyad Palace in the Citadel of Amman (Jordan).
- Member of the CIPA (International Committee for Heritage Recording, scientific committee of ICOMOS)
- Vice-President of the Royal Academy of Fine Arts of Granada.
- Director of several restoration projects in Spain, Jordan and Tunis and responsible for the reassembly and reconstruction of the Egyptian Temple of Debod in Madrid
- Author of more than 150 scientific publications on Restoration, Architectural History and Architectural Photogrammetry.
Director, Escuela de Estudios Arabes (CSIC)
Cuesta del Chapíz, 22
E-18010 Granada. Spain
Tel: +34 958 222291
Fax: +34 958 224754
Files Referenced for "aag"
Generated by: CART
(Mon May 23 11:27:26 2005